Mongo is my 'trail name'
It all started the first year I attended Coyote Four Play (C4P as it is often referred - sadly no longer held) the folks 'in charge' (HA, more like the inmates running the asylum - the JABOYS, Just Another Bunch of Yahoos - and the best bunch of folks you could ask for to support your trail running holiday) wanted a name to put on our Bowling Shirts (Bowling and Trail Running? Are you kidding me? No, actually, that was part of the 'fun'...) Choosing a name....well, when in the later stages of a 100 mile race, most back-of-the-pack folks like myself can tell you how the brain starts working at the most basic levels; like no really articulate thought. Who better to personify this than good old Alex Karras' adored character (from Blazing Saddles) Mongo! ("Mongo not know, think it have something to do with the choo-choo...") I mean, I can't count the number of times I have had the attitude like 'Mongo hungry' or 'Mongo like downhill'
You know what I mean...or DO you?
Wolf Creek Pass - Cumbres Pass on the CDT FKT
-
Below is what I submitted for an FKT page. Last year, after Rainbow trail
FKT, I thought that even 2 days/2 nights effort is getting hard on my body,
and t...
4 weeks ago

No comments:
Post a Comment